Tracense has developed extremely sensitive and specific sensors based on ground breaking nano-technology. Tracense nano-sensors can detect a wide range of threats in solids, on surfaces, in gaseous streams or liquid samples, even at extremely low concentrations. These enabling sensors can instantly detect explosives, biological and chemical hazards at the site of interest with unsurpassed accuracy, meeting acute and growing homeland security and defense needs.
Tracense ultra sensitive devices open the door to a host of new applications and revolutionize existing ones. The company has succeeded in developing processes to manufacture large nano-sensing arrays with reliability, repeatability and at a reasonable cost.
The company’s developments in the field of nano-technology enable the fabrication of large nano-wire arrays on a small semiconductor chip. Tracense has amply demonstrated the ability – submitted as patent applications, to manufacture these arrays based on industrially scalable processes. Based on proprietary chemical procedures, Tracense creates an electrical sensing device (FET transistor) out of each single nano-wire, which is triggered by the intrinsic charge of the target molecules. The small dimensions of each device make possible the creation of low cost arrays of hundreds of nano-sensors in a small area. In turn, the large number of sensors improves reliability, versatility and enables a battery of simultaneous tests to be performed on a single chip. Tracense has successfully proven the ability to detect ultra-low concentrations of explosives – including IED’s and HME’s, from solid particles, gaseous streams and liquid samples. The company has developed proprietary Intellectual Property and know-how to manufacture the sensing chips, the detection devices and the software needed to analyze all types of samples.
Competitive advantages of Tracense sensing solutions
• Maximum sensitivity, superior detection capability
• Maximum specificity, minimizing false readings.
• Fingerprinting: simultaneous testing for numerous substances
• New target molecules easily introduced, including IED’s and HME’s
• High throughput: fast results, no warm-up delays, high up-time
• Versatility: solid, gas and liquid samples
• Non-invasive, non contact
• Miniaturized – portable devices
• Safe: no lasers, radioactive or high voltage sources
• Low capital and operating expenses